Living the life I didn't imagine, but am so happy to be figuring out.

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Date 1.

Date one wasn't exactly what I expected...

He was a nice enough guy, took me a to a cool little hole-in-the-wall bar and then we went for a walk.  He took this opportunity to try and kiss me.  SO not what I was hoping for.  It was seriously awkward for many reasons:

  1.  I had *just* met him! Slow your engine down, dude! 
  2. That whole first date with a new guy in 13 years.  I know how to make conversation with people, but I don't know how to let that lead into dating!
  3. The whole I'm-still-married thing.  
Reason number 3 is a biggie, and was especially present in my head at that moment.  Everything felt SO wrong... not because I missed my husband... but just because I honestly don't know anything different.  Scared of the unknown and so used to other people being off-limits, I still felt like I was breaking all kinds of rules.  Of course, some people still probably think that I'm way out of line by dating before the divorce is final... to who I say: don't knock it until you've lived through it.  Whether it serves a distraction (it's original purpose), or it turns into something good (the current hope), I am an adult with a heart that loves to be loved.  And I'm just not going to stress over doing this perfectly by the book... letting my heart take the lead and have a little fun in the meantime.

So, needless to say, there was no second date for guy #1.  Not my type, not the right guy, not the right time, just not.


No comments:

Post a Comment