It seems like my constant issue with dating is the pace... I get nervous when the man goes too fast with pushing for a relationship, but I also get really annoyed if they go too slow and I don't get enough attention. Why is it SO hard to just go at a regular pace??
Currently, The Doctor is going at a snail's pace, while The Pilot is sprinting at an uncomfortably quick pace. Can I just average the two?
So, here's the run-down on my many dates this week with The Pilot- he flies corporate jets, and he is actually based out of Ca, making his travel time kind of strange. He's been at home this whole week, not working, and he seems to be trying to stockpile time with me before he leaves for the next two weeks. He has been meeting me for lunch (bringing me food or coffee each time), he came over to my new house and kept me company while I cooked a meal to bring to a friend (I fed him too, don't worry!), and I went to his house last night and made out for a little while ;) He is a nice, sweet, thoughtful guy... but he still seems to be holding on to a lot of bitterness regarding his ex. I can't blame him too much - she did cheat on him and leave him for his best friend, but I really don't want to hear any more about it. I want to ignore our exes and figure out what we have in common - talking about our past just seems silly. He is also reeeaaaallllyyyy forward-focused. He is clearly looking for a girlfriend, and I'm just not there. He's sweet and said he will wait patiently, but I feel kind of bad that we are in such different places. On the other hand, he has many of the qualities I'm looking for, so I'm going to hold on a little longer to see if things calm down. Since he will be away for work for the next couple of weeks, he'll have no choice but to slow it down a little.
I'm still pretty interested in seeing what might happen with The Doctor... I just wish he wasn't moving so slow! He's been clear that he wants to see me again, but hasn't made actual plans yet. The kiss was really good on our last date, and he's so interesting and unlike any other guy I've dated... very intriguing. Plus, I think I like that he's not so easy to get ;) hope something happens there soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment