Living the life I didn't imagine, but am so happy to be figuring out.

Sunday, December 16, 2012

How'd I Get Here?

Pilot said he'd wait for me to stop seeing other people...
He is so ridiculously attentive - phone calls, facetime while he's away, texts - the whole thing.
He's open and honest and talks about his feelings.
He is respectful of my boundaries - and he even has his own boundaries - which is actually super sexy.
He's romantic and thoughtful and kind.
He's a little bit sarcastic and snarky - but knows how to be sensitive to me.
He flew me to another state - just to spend 16 hours together.
He wants me. A lot.

He's really different that anyone I've ever dated before - especially my ex.
He's a Christian - church-going, every Sunday.
He wants a girlfriend/wife that prays with him and studies the Bible together.

There are SO MANY things I like about him...

Why am I being weird then?
UGH.

I like him.  I REALLY like him.  I like him enough not to be seeing other people, and to be thinking about making plans over a month away with him.  But I'm so flipping nervous.  I was married - it didn't work out. I'm afraid about being committed again... and I'm nervous about how I'm feeling.  I'm nervous about how he's feeling.  He's really in this. REALLY in this.  He's been very clear, in our very short time dating that he is falling hard and fast.  Which I like... but it makes me nervous, especially that I can't reciprocate to the same level yet.

This seems like a lot of crazy babble... but I'm happy.  Just nervous.  I had a great amazing trip to see him.  I can't wait to spend Christmas together.  I wish things were less complicated and moving a tiny bit slower... but I'm trying not to control every. single. thing.

Let it go - see what happens - go with it.  My new motto.

1 comment: