Living the life I didn't imagine, but am so happy to be figuring out.

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

March: Part One

Things have been going SO well.  We've had some bumps along the road but not with each other.  We have both had some seriously stressful interactions with our ex-spouses, and it was nice to see how we were able to support each other and help each other through some tough stuff.  On that note, my divorce is finally final! Whooo! It is such a good feeling to have that be complete and all of the parenting plan details written in stone (xH loves to try and adjust it every freaking month!)

The Pilot had a couple of longer trips this month - 7-9 days away from home.  It is such a strange thing: I actually enjoy having that little bit of space and time to myself with the boys... but I miss him so much at the same time.  It really makes seeing him after a long trip awesome!

Last weekend, he was supposed to be home on Saturday night, but instead his plane actually was scheduled to land in Phoenix (that almost never happens - he usually has to land in another city and take a flight home).  He got in at 9am, which meant we got to spend the entire day together, unexpectedly.  He came with me to breakfast with a friend that I had visiting, then we went out shopping.  Yeah, shopping - he actually doesn't mind walking around a mall, carrying my bags, and watching me try things on (who would mind that? lol).  Then... he told me that he wanted to shop one more place... and drove me to a jewelry store.  We've talked a little bit about rings and even looked at some shops in the mall before, but this was serious.  He was totally hunting through the cases, searching for some exact replica of something he had already imagined in his head.  And after trying on a half-dozen things that neither of us really loved, he called out, "I found it!" ... and it is GORGEOUS. Sooooo... I'm not sure when exactly this whole thing is going to actually happen, but it sure looks like forever is definitely on the table now.  I have been praying and thinking and over-analyzing all of this for months now - and I feel really good about it.  He treats me better than I've EVER been treated... he understands what I need in a relationship to feel loved, and puts in tremendous effort to meet those needs... he's so forthcoming with his own wants and needs that it makes it easy for me to know where we are at and how to love him best.  I've never imagined a relationship being this easy.

Of course, we aren't on the same page about everything - we keep our talk about politics to a minimum, but still are close enough that I don't want to run screaming in the other direction!  We differ greatly on the amount of sugar we think kids can consume... but I can already see that he's adjusting so we can meet in the middle on that.  If our biggest issues are immigration policies and the amount of donuts allowed at breakfast, I think we'll be okay :)

1 comment:

  1. Everything truly does happen for a reason. I am soo happy for you, Laura!!

    ReplyDelete