It is SO hard to date someone with an ex-wife. SO hard. The Pilot can go from happy and upbeat to angry and resentful in a nano-second... all because of an email or text from her (not directed at me, obviously... but I sure see a different side of him). I get it: she cheated on him... they had a lousy marriage even besides that... they are struggling to make decisions amicably. It is hard on him.
...and yet, somehow all I can think about is... Can I really do this? Can I sign up for years and years of interactions and huge amounts of stress brought on by this women and his reactions to her?
I feel like I'm being really selfish and that I should be more understanding... but it is HARD. I have minor issues with my ex. We bicker about little things and schedule changes... but I trust him with our kids and his new girlfriend doesn't bother me. He doesn't cause me nearly the anguish that the Pilot seems to get from his ex.
I need a little space from this ex issue... but it is here, every. single. day. So hopeful that it starts to fade away as things get worked out between them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment